Thank you for thinking of us! We welcome your new or gently used pet and human supplies–please see the list below for our needed items. We have mail service at our clinic and are happy to take items at WisCARES, either by mail or during our open hours. Donations can be shipped to or dropped off at:
1402 Emil St
Madison, WI 53713
Please note that we are currently unable to offer pick-up either at donor homes or at the UW Vet School.
Are you in need of a receipt for your donation? Please include with your donation your name and where you’d like the receipt sent to (either a physical mailing address or an email address). Please note that it may take up to two weeks for your receipt to arrive, and that our front desk staff are often students or volunteers, and unable to provide that receipt.
Thank you again for thinking of WisCARES! Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting us.
Pet Food and Supply Pantry
Many of our clients depend on our “pet food and supply pantry” to provide for their pets and families. We stock a variety of pet- and person-related items to help with basic survival for unsheltered pet owners as well as support healthy animal behavior for those of our clients who are housed, so that their pets do not provide an extra risk for eviction or barrier for leasing. Nearly all of our supplies are from donations. Some of our priorities vary with the season, but we are always in need of the following items to pass directly on to our clients:
- Gas cards ($10-20 denominations)
- Cat carriers
- (Human) toiletries (toothpaste and toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant, shaving supplies, etc!)
- Hand and foot warmers
- Bottled water
- Dog crates (collapsible wire preferred)
- Dog and cat treats
- Dog and cat toys (new or good condition and washable)
- We have a frequently updated Amazon Wishlist here.
Thank you for thinking of us! We are able to use some medications donated from pet owners at our free clinic. Please keep in mind that we are unable to use the following:
- Opened medications of any kind (this is a change from our previous procedures, due to some changes outside of our control–we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!)
- Controlled substances
- Reconstituted liquid medication
- Insulin or insulin syringes
- Expired medication
- Human prescription medications
For these items, please visit the med drop website for instructions on disposal. If you have questions, feel free to contact us for further information.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to know what our current list of medical supply needs are (lab equipment, etc.)